Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Our little area of Erlangen





It has been a lot of fun exploring the area around our new home.


We found out that we have a guard dog.










Our beautiful library that is also part of the local university:


















As well as an incredible Gasthof (an authentic German restaurant) half a block away. This dish was delicious. This is also why we are currently trying out several different gyms in the area.



















This morning I woke up feeling like it was Christmas morning. As you all know we are still living in our hotel and will be moving into our home around the 18th of March. Today I am meeting our painter at 11am at our new home. I am so excited because I have not see our place since the realtor walked us through the home three weeks ago. I can't wait to get in there with a tape measure and start the planning process. Next stop.....Ikea.

I was so prepared to be bored in Germany. I had spoken with several different people before leaving the States and they all said the same thing, "prepare to be lonley and frustrated." Now I know that we have only been here for three weeks but I am amazed at how blessed we have been so far. Yes, not knowing the language is frustrating but our classes will be starting soon so that will get better each day. As far as the loneliness goes we miss our friends and family back in the States and can not wait to visit but have also started building a support group here. We have been spending a lot of time with three other expat couples which has made a world of difference. I can not imagine going through this process without the support of others that are facing the same challenges and experiences that we are facing. I am so grateful for the opportunity to live in another country at this time in my life.

Well, I am off to meet the painter and then I am meeting one of the girls for lunch. We are planning out our next couple of trips outside of Germany. I am looking forward to sharing more adventures with you all. I will leave you with a picture of one of my favorite fountains that sits in the middle of our park.

No comments:

Post a Comment