Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Blast from the Past

I really like Legos. I am not sure if it is because I grew up with a brother who also had a fondness for those little bricks or because I am amazed at what you can build with them. Either way, I think they are fun and was really impressed when our mall had them on display.

Our mall is always hosting some type of exhibit. Last month the mall hosted an exhibit from an artist that copies famous paintings and then inserts Donald Ducks face into all of them. Donald Duck Mona Lisa, Donald Duck as The Birth of Venis by Botticelli.....you get the idea. It was a little strange.This month it was Legos in an attempt to gain interest in Legoland Deutschland, the Lego theme park located 2 hours south of us.

I hope to be able to visit this park before we leave Germany. In the center of the park is an area called Miniland. Here, several German towns have been recreated using over 26 million legos. This may not interest most people my age but I still think it is pretty impressive.

Here are some of the displays at our mall. I felt a little silly as I waited behind several 8 and 9 year old boys to get a good look.







1 comment:

  1. i love legos too! my brothers played with them for years and years, right up into high school. such a great way to encourage creative minds. :)

    ReplyDelete