Friday, July 22, 2011

My heart was full in Scotland



I can not put into words how much I enjoyed our trip to Scotland. Maybe it was the fact that I was in search of finding my maiden name and clan at every turn. Maybe it was because there were Westies every ten feet. Maybe it is just because I love the sound of bag pipes but whatever it was I loved every minute of it. In hopes of not drawing this one trip out into seven posts, I will try to keep it simple with lots pictures. I will need to do a separate post on my family castle (or ruin, I should call it) but I will explain all of that later.

In the car and ready to explore. Phil and Nigel, our tour guide, are sitting up front.


St. Andrews Cathedral


The guys golfing at St. Andrew (the birthplace of golf) while the girls chat and take pictures.


New things to try


And old favorites


Eilean Donan Castle



Castle Urquart (where we saw beautiful views of Loch Ness)


Loch Ness. No sign of Nessie.


Kilt Rock on Isle of Skye



Enjoying Portree, the northern capitol of Isle of Skye.


Beautiful Isle of Skye








Close, but not quite.


We even took a small boat out to see the Grey Seals at Dunvegan.




Our last day and night in Edinburgh.



No comments:

Post a Comment